Saturday, September 6, 2008

SOLD! (well, almost...)

Hooray! It looks like we may FINALLY have a buyer for our Kerrville house. It's only been a little over three months, but I guess when you're not living in the house that you're still paying the mortgage payment on - any amount of time seems too long. But, after back and forth negotiations about the price and closing costs, we finally reached a point of agreement. The scheduled closing date will be the end of this month. Pray all goes smoothly!

We found out about the offer this past Sunday, which was the same day as the grand opening of Harvest Church's new building. To me, the timing was significant. It was as if the last chapter to one story was closing, and the commencement of another exciting chapter was just beginning. I guess Solomon was right. To everything there is a season.

And speaking of the seasons, I am SO READY FOR FALL! The weather has been so cool and crisp in the mornings, and I love it! We decided to take full advantage of the beautiful Saturday by going to the park with our friends, the Allerkamps. And, as if planned, our boys wore the exact same outfit! (I promise, we do not coordinate our sons' outfits...)

Gabriel and Evan in their coordinating stripey-ness..
.

5 comments:

Greg R. said...

Oh my gosh!!! I have that same shirt too!!!!JK. Congrats on the house, I know how it feels :)

The Clifton's said...

We are so excited for ya'll. God's timing is always perfect! I love the Gabe pics. He is getting so big so fast.

MikeandCharlsie said...

Wow the matching outfits are too cute! How funny. Oh and Congrats on being near to selling the house!!! I am so excited for you all. We will be praying. Also I can't believe it has only been 3 months since ya'll moved it really feels like it has been a lot longer. We miss you so much, but are thankful for the wonderful new situation you are in.

LandA said...

That's so exciting about the house! And, I love the boys matching shirts. Last Sunday at church Ella's friend Ruby (three weeks older than E) wore an outfit that Ella also has and I thought it would have been so cute if they had ended up wearing it on the same day. But, some family friends who have twins are giving us all of their hand-me-downs and I'll give the matching sets to Ruby and Celeste (two weeks older than E) so I'm guessing that they will end up matching quite often.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the house! That is so exciting we will be praying for a quick and smooth closing!

PS I just don't think that Gabe can get any cuter!!!

Marissa