Saturday, August 16, 2008

A few pics and ramblings on Saturday night

My apologies for not blogging sooner...As many of you know, I am completely OBSESSED with the Olympics - and in order to watch most of the gymnastic events, we headed out to my parents' ranch in Adamsville to get our fill of the Beijing games.

Sadly, I don't get cell phone service out there - or not so sadly... :) So, I decided to make my sensory deprivation complete by not getting online much either. (Plus, their Internet is slower than watching hair grow.) So, I totally immersed myself in watching the Olympics at night and relaxing in the country with the Gabester.

Here's a pic of him getting to be pals with Gus, the ranch dog. Please note, he is discovering Gus' tail, which provided lots of entertainment! (Gus also makes a great chair...) We also found Gabe's first frog, visited with our dear neighbors and friends, the McIlroys, ate tons of chocolate chip cookies - or "chocolate chippers" as we like to call them, and looked through tons of family recipes, but I didn't have the camera handy for any of those other exciting events.





And here's a fun pic of me and my boy!




I tried, in vain, to post a video of Gabe dancing. I was just trying to upload a 50 second video from my digital camera onto this site and it took so long, that I think my computer finally gave up. Does anyone have any advice of a more practical way to upload videos???

In other news...We've dropped the price yet again on our house and are praying for a buyer to come sooner rather than later. It's been really fun to look at houses up here in Temple, but at the same time, I don't want to get too set on anything until we could really make an offer...But, it sure is helpful to look around.

And who knew that this weekend was Tax-Free Weekend?!?!?!?!? I totally DID NOT get that memo!

We were so excited to have a fun day off today, and Jeff needed some new jeans, so we headed out to do some shopping and have a meal out. Old Navy was like a jungle, and when we went to Target, I noticed that they had conveniently removed ALL of their sale and clearance racks in order to make room for all the full priced items...Sneaky.

But, we're home safely now and it is finally time for the nightly ritual of Oreos and milk.

5 comments:

MikeandCharlsie said...

Thanks for the update! Wow didn't know you were an Olympic junkie! Hehe. Your sweet Gabe is sure a cutie. Yep I knew it was tax free weekend but for several years have opted out of it because of the crowds and the fact that in reality you don't save too much. We love you guys.

The Clifton's said...

Yeah Gabe pics! I am glad Gus is there to train Gabe up right! Oh we miss ranch time.

Colleen said...

Hello my dear friend! Sounds like you had a blast at the ranch. I wish my parents still lived on the ranch I grew up on, oh the joy it brings to think about it. We actually went Goodwill shopping, not goodwill hunting heehee ;) and did the tax free thing! I know cheap right?! But hey whatever works! Regarding the video, have you tried using Picasa before? It's Google's picture software and you can blog all of your pics straight from Picasa to your blogspot! It's awesome and short videos from your digital camera are super easy to download using that program! Hope that helps, love ya! Wow this turned out long! Sorry!

Colleen said...

Ooooh, a challenge! I like a challenge! You just wait little lady, I will make meatloaf pretty! muahahaha!

Holly Heston said...

I din't know you were a blogger!!! Yea!! I'm so glad I found your blog. Gabe is precious....I need to meet him and Payton does too. I miss you Kelli....long time, no see. :)

By the way....I am obsessed with the olympics too. I am going to be so sad next week when they are finished